Monday, March 24, 2008

Who else needs a vacation?

The Quetico Provincial Park in Canada is why this blog was so named. So I thought I would explain that a bit.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to slow down, calm down and not worry about tomorrow...much less forget about today. I'm trying to trust what the Book says and not worry. What are we clawing for anyway?....tablescraps from corporate America? How can God fulfill us if our hands are grabbing on to anything we feel we control.

So like good Americans, let us fall back on our favorite addiction: Escapism. Therefore today's post is about the Quetico. A few days of woodsmoke and a quiet place would do this soul some good.

One of the not-so-peaceful days.














Even idiots can catch trout in Canada.












Nothing but lakes, streams....and bears.















The best part of the trip.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I really know why you enjoy these trips so much. I did order better Internet service today so I can enjoy this more.

Ellen

pops! said...

When does get to Sam go?

Unknown said...

I'm in! When do we leave!!!

I love the picture of you two watching the sunset on Sarah Lake. We need one just like it with Sam sitting with you.

India Henson said...

Like a good corporate consumer. I'm jealous.